If you’re wondering, my name Cigdem means the flower crocus, and it’s pronounced as “Chi-dam” – “chi” as in in Tai Chi.
I help quiet-loving women solopreneurs build a unique online business with more ease and less stress so that they do their greatest work and earn a lot more doing what fulfills their hearts.
I write, I teach, I design e-programs, build websites, connect people, and create peacefully supportive communities. And I teach other creative people (in plain English) how to do the same.
I believe business is fun when it nourishes your heart first and that building a business is the best way for deep personal growth.
As a serial entrepreneur, I’ve learned by experience that becoming fully aware of your unique style, personality ingredients and distinguishing strengths is crucial for succeeding in (life and) business.
Being a hard-core introvert myself (an INFP) I work mostly with creative solopreneurs who are on the introverted side of the personality spectrum and who enjoy peaceful triumphs.
I happily offer:
- Full Business Audits for harnessing clarity, vision, strategy (and a step-by-step road map) to realign and accelerate your business so you can take it to the next level with more ease and less stress
- Progress Intensive Sessions for productizing, brainstorming, strategizing, troubleshooting, nichification, biz-oriented self-discovery, and brainpicking (I’m not taking in any new clients at the moment as all 1-on-1 client seats have been sold out.)
- a Progress Lounge, a peaceful haven and safe, private community for introverted (and action-minded) woman solopreneurs
- a 12-part FREE course called The 12 Entrepreneurial Laws of Joy and Ease and weekly tips and resources
- useful Articles that will shed light on your way
The people I click with:
- are heart-centered solopreneurs (writers, coaches, healers) who already have an online business (even if new)
- are on the introverted side of the personality spectrum
- are solution-focused and action-minded creatives
- are resourceful, receptive, kind, and positive people
- are in love with their work and are really good at it
- are driven by their values as much as their dreams and desires
- love learning new skills and taking on challenges
- are hungry for more strategy and structure in their business
- appreciate succinct, down-to-earth conversations
- value practical tips, precise solutions and tangible results
- are wired to take rapid action and consistent at doing the work that matters
And a Little About My Story
My professional background is rich and vivid:
- My major was in film studies. I focused on directing and screenwriting.
- I worked as a reporter for a popular national news magazine in Istanbul and did many cover stories and held interviews with acclaimed authors, artists and cultural thought leaders.
- At the end of 1999, I designed, organized and ran a yearlong series of culture and arts conferences for the Istanbul metropolitan municipality for celebrating the approach of the new millennium.
- I was the sales coordinator of an international ceramics raw stuff company and sold dyestuff, pigments and zirconium silicate to huge sanitary products manufacturers in the Mediterranean Region.
- I have been the editor of a publishing house that produced bilingual dictionaries and that was founded in Istanbul in the 1800s during the Ottoman Empire.
- I worked for a non-profit in the education sector for almost a decade and designed and organized large annual conferences, orientation workshops and in-service training programs for American, Canadian and European teachers who worked for American schools in Turkey.
- I speak Turkish, English, German, and some Italian and translated more than 35 books half of which were literary novels. One of my translations won the Barnes & Noble Great New Writers Award as the first translated work of literature that received that prize.
- I moved to the United States in 2010, and since then, I’ve been working as a self-employed writer, coach and consultant, supporting creative solopreneurs.
My diverse work experience has helped me hone my different skills and fulfilled my varying interests as a multipotentialite who has led a multicultural life. It also let me realize that neither the corporate nor the non-profit world is where I wanted to flourish.
I love building genuine communities where everyone connects, thrives and transforms from the inside out, and this is the safe sanctuary I’ve created for you. Here you can hone your skills, find your awesome, grow together with like-minded cohorts who equally enjoy peaceful triumphs, and build a sustainable and scalable business that brings you fun and profits at the same time.
Here is a funky list that is full of all sorts of unnecessary personal details about me. For example, you can find out that I’m Mediterranean gal, that I’m scared of clowns, that I have a 19-year-old son, what my name means and more…