Theme for our Dec. 2013 Retreat:
“Old paint on a canvas, as it ages, sometimes becomes transparent.
When that happens it is possible, in some pictures, to see the original lines:
a tree will show through a woman’s dress, a child makes way for a dog,
a large boat is no longer on an open sea.
That is called pentimento because the painter ‘repented,’ changed his mind.
Perhaps it would be as well to say that the old conception, replaced by a later choice,
is a way of seeing and then seeing again.
The paint has aged and I wanted to see what was there for me once,
what is there for me now.”
~ Lillian Hellman, from Pentimento
You’re approaching the completion of another year; what is your heart really yearning for? What is waiting to be unveiled under the layers of your life? What do you really desire? What do you need?
Do you know? Do you WANT to know?
Are you ready for a creative self-care adventure? Are you ready for a journey to return to yourself?
Then, this is for you…
The Winter Joy Retreat Theme for Dec. 2013 Is “Homecoming”
The end of a year is the best time for soul-searching and contemplation. It’s a time to realign with yourself. A time to look deep inside. A time to look through the translucent strata of your life’s canvas and see the image lying there beneath the layers Life has piled on top of your dreams.
It’s a time to remember to honor and embrace who you really are because that, my friend, is often the best form of self-care.
And it’s also why I created the Winter Joy Retreat.
This 21-day retreat is an intimate experience of truth telling, self-discovery, self-compassion, and real transformation through reading, writing, storytelling, literature, and introspective journaling. It’s for women who want to feel empowered, hopeful and full of joyful energy as one year ends and a new one begins.
The Winter Joy Retreat takes place every December with a new theme, new guest experts and the participation of hundreds of like-minded women. It’s only for women and is available only once a year to help you start the New Year fully empowered and recharged.
This year’s retreat theme is “HOMECOMING.”
When you join us, you’ll be delving deep into some intense soul-searching to reconnect with your inner self and spirit. And you’ll have the tools, inspiration and a warm community of supportive cohorts that will give you the clarity and power to pursue your heart’s longing in 2014.
You’ll start the New Year fresh, energized and grounded through journaling, mindfulness exercises and inspirational reading.
“The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves,
they find their own order… the continuous thread of revelation.”
~ Eudora Welty
When You Join Us for the Winter Joy Retreat This December You Will:
- excavate the layers of your current reality to unveil the underlying desire in your heart
- become more aware of what you really want and what truly nourishes you
- acknowledge all that you’ve accomplished this year
- get crystal clear about what you don’t want in your life in 2014 and find ways to let it go
- map the possibilities you see for yourself in the coming year
- enjoy a deeper understanding of who you are and what you want to create for yourself and the world in 2014
- align yourself with your true desire and the vision you have for your life
- rekindle your intuition and your deep-seated power for transformation
- cultivate joy that comes from reconnecting with your heart and soul
- make a plan to put yourself first in this new year of your life
- build genuine connections with other women who are doing the same deep inner work alongside you
- feel more calm and confident at a deeper level and be ready to make a fresh start in the New Year
“If you do not tell the truth about yourself
you cannot tell it about other people.”
~ Virginia Woolf
During our 21-Day Virtual Retreat, You’ll Enjoy:
- 19 inspiringly created and beautifully designed, downloadable Joy Letters sent to you every day by e-mail
- 19 downloadable, journal prompts and bite-sized exercises complementing the Joy Letters
- 2 soul-stirring essays on “homecoming” written by two acclaimed guests specially for you
- the love, friendship and support of kindred spirits sharing your inner journey
- a safe environment to hold space for truth, self-compassion and joy
- a calm, cozy, friendly, and private playground on Facebook
- tools and ideas to cultivate a clear vision for the coming year from the perspective of who you really are and what you deeply want for your life
And here is the breakdown of our program. This year’s course material has been created with a focus on “homecoming.”
- Before we begin: Welcome Letter, Retreat Guide and Invitation to the Private Playground on Facebook (Nov. 30)
- Day 1: The Act of Truth Telling (Joy Letter No. 1 + playsheet)
- Day 2: Searching for the Clues (Joy Letter No. 2 + playsheet)
- Day 3: Feeling at Home (Joy Letter No. 3 + playsheet)
- Day 4: Story Excavation 1 (Joy Letter No. 4 + playsheet)
- Day 5: The Art of Losing Yourself (Joy Letter No. 5 + playsheet)
- Day 6: A Special Note for You from Artist, Writer and Creativity Coach CYNTHIA MORRIS (Joy Letter No. 6 + playsheet)
- Day 7: Check-In + Breathing Space
- Day 8: Creating Inner Space (Joy Letter No. 7 + playsheet)
- Day 9: Remembering Who You Are (Joy Letter No. 8 + playsheet)
- Day 10: Discovering Purpose in Solitude (Joy Letter No. 9 + playsheet)
- Day 11: Story Excavation 2 (Joy Letter No. 10 + playsheet)
- Day 12: Your Inner Geography (Joy Letter No. 11 + playsheet)
- Day 13: A Special Note for You from Writer, Speaker and Spiritual Evocator RONNA DETRICK (Joy Letter No. 12 + playsheet)
- Day 14: Check-In + Breathing Space
- Day 15: Where Is Home? (Joy Letter No. 13 + playsheet)
- Day 16: A Better View From Here (Joy Letter No. 14 + playsheet)
- Day 17: Leaning Into Desire (Joy Letter No. 15 + playsheet)
- Day 18: Expanding Your Dream (Joy Letter No. 16 + playsheet)
- Day 19: Creative Courage Assemblage (Joy Letter No. 17 + playsheet)
- Day 20: A New Kind of Freedom (Joy Letter No. 18 + playsheet)
- Day 21: Setting Out for the Journey Home (Joy Letter No. 19 + playsheet)
- Day 22: A Surprise Bonus created just for you by an acclaimed artist that will remind you to “come home to yourself” throughout the year + the chance to win a free seat in Cynthia’s Free Write Fling course and the chance to have a free Sacred Reading by Ronna + the entire course material sent to you in the form of a beautifully designed ebook you can keep and read on your computer, iPad or Kindle.
This Year’s Special Guests Cynthia Morris and Ronna Detrick with Whom You’ll Be Able to Interact on Day 6 & Day 13!
“To burn with desire and keep quiet about it
is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves.”
~ Federico García Lorca
More Than 150 Women Took the Program Last Year
And Here Is What Some of Them Said!
- “You can’t imagine HOW TIMELY this is! I’m going through major transition right now! I am totally open to some healthy thinking and inspiration as I attempt to reinvent yet again! Looking forward!” ~ Teri
- “I love the idea of bite-sized activities specially designed to help me take stock, regroup and commit to being a better version of myself. I’m looking forward to reflecting, writing, and checking in with other women, as well as benefitting from your expertise. Glad I signed up!” ~ Celina
- “I’ve had a really rough year. I am really looking forward to this. It sounds like just the right thing to end my year on a high note and start the new year energized instead of exhausted. I like the idea of all of us being here, taking the same information and using it to go our own ways. I think we will all be able to learn something from each other.” ~ Sarah
- “I am looking forward to a break and revival for my mind, body and spirit and a fresh start on the new year. Bring on the New Year!” ~ Tara
- “It has been a challenging year this past year and I’m looking forward to having and taking an opportunity to learn from it and use that to shape and influence the coming year. I’m excited and happy to have this group to augment what we are doing.” ~ Michelle
- “This year has been rough, but I’m learning so much and unravelling in so many unexpected ways that it’s OK in the end. Can’t wait to get started!” ~ Sabrina
- “I’m looking forward to this month with you to help me do some needed end-o-year nurturing.” ~ Cynthia
- “This has been one of my most challenging years ever. I’m looking forward to stepping into the space all this is creating, and focusing more on what I want to feel rather than focusing on running my business.” ~ Vicky
- “I was thinking today about how I have set ‘New Year’s resolutions’ in the past and it isn’t any wonder why the don’t work and I never follow any of them through. An at whim idea thrown out as the ball drops on New Year’s Eve isn’t going to carry much weight or have much meaning now is it? I’m so thrilled to be here and can’t wait to get started! Thank you!” ~ Erin
- “I’m going to devote to not just creating the next year of my life but to creating the sacred space and structure to hold next year. I believe the creation is going to involve different activities and non-activities. But I am definitely devoting each and every day to following the energy that presents itself and not get ahead of it! A whole huge temple of wise women making a difference. It’s my honor and privilege to be part of this sisterhood.” ~ Carol
“Writing and reading decrease our sense of isolation.
They deepen and widen and expand our sense of life: they feed the soul.”
-Will You Join Us?
You probably already know that New Year’s resolutions are not effective when you’re about to end one life cycle and begin a new one. Instead of making yet another list of resolutions, give yourself permission to show up as your true self. Let yourself soak in the heart-opening experience of the Winter Joy Retreat before the New Year begins.
You’ll experience a sumptuous inner journey and connect with yourself and other women in a safe environment. You’ll feel renewed, energized, joyful, and empowered.
The program is rich enough to enable a true transformation and short enough to exclude overwhelm. You won’t have to log in to a website or a forum to access the course material. Instead, you will receive everything in your inbox every morning 21 days in a row!
At the end of the retreat, your energy will be refreshed and your creativity unleashed. You’ll rediscover a beautiful, empowering place inside yourself. Now give yourself the gift of starting 2014 with more joy for your soul, more calm for your heart, and more ease for your mind.
“And suddenly you know: It’s time to start something new
and trust the magic of beginnings.”
~ Meister Eckhart
When will the retreat begin and when will I receive the material?
Registration began on Nov. 16. The retreat Welcome Letter and Program Guide will be sent to members on Nov. 30, and the course will begin on Dec. 1.
What if I can’t keep up with the daily work during the holiday season?
Don’t worry about that! You can skip a day or two. Besides, each day’s activity won’t take you more than 30 minutes. Also, if you want, you can take the lessons and prompts into the early weeks of January. Wouldn’t that be comforting? I believe in taking baby steps for any kind of change to happen. That’s why I designed the Winter Joy Retreat with a gentle kind of transformation in mind. After this beautiful retreat and a luxurious journey into yourself, you’ll feel ready to start the New Year joyfully and mindfully.
Can I skip the Facebook group part and just work quietly on my own?
Well, of course! Most of the participants in this program are quiet-loving, introverted creatives. The Facebook group is not compulsory. It’s an extra benefit for those who would like to do the work with the support of like-minded cohorts. There are also many who choose to work on their own without interacting.
This is an invitation to come home to yourself.
Take this beautiful journey of looking inward to find where you are on your path and where you want to go. If your innermost self is nodding and saying, “Yes, this is it,” come join us! Give yourself the gift of an amazing start into the new year. You deserve it!